Eleven major modifications earned the Saab 93 a new designation: 93B, on show for the first time on 2 September 1957.
A new one-piece windscreen permitted the use of larger windscreen wipers working in parallel and clearing an area larger by 43%. The turn indicator arrows were replaced by repeating flashers.
Door locks and electrical system were further improved and thief proofing between the ignition switch and starter motor was enhanced by means of an armoured cable. The fuel tank was now self-mixing and the oil dosage was reduced from 4% to 3%.